In May 2018, the original Data Protection Act 1998 was replaced by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This had an impact on small businesses such as mine to notify users of how we collect and use their personal details. This page outlines how I do this.
What this confidentiality notice covers
For Fabulous Feet is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to 'we' or 'us' means ‘For Fabulous Feet’. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
For Fabulous Feet is a mobile/static Foot Health Clinic providing professional and caring treatments for your feet in your own home or at our clinic.
Information we gather
For Fabulous Feet gathers certain information about people using the clinic. We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us
At your first appointment you will be given a health assessment including any medication you take, current treatments under your doctor or hospital, health conditions, diabetes status and more. This will be recorded during the assessment. Also personal information; such as your name, date of birth, contact details, etc. You will be informed how we collect your information, how it is stored and how we use it. All information is recoded on paper. We do not record any medical data in digital form on computers, laptops, tablets, etc.
During subsequent visits, these details may be updated as appropriate in our records.
Information we may gather ourselves
We only collect additional information by talking to you and asking appropriate questions during your appointments.
Information from Website Use
We do not gather or collect any information about you when you browse our website.
Information about you from third parties
We do not collect your personal information from other 3rd party sources.
How we may use your information
We only use your information for the purposes of running the clinic.
We do not use your information for other 3rd party marketing in any way.
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- 1. Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good For Fabulous Feet
- 2. To provide you with information about our business, your treatment, your appointments, etc.
We will use the information you give us to:
- 1. Perform services you have requested or providing you with information you have asked for;
- 2. Administer any treatments that may be suggested and approved by yourself;
- 3. Any other reasonable purposes of For Fabulous Feet, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
We do not use your information for marketing purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not normally share your information with 3rd parties at all.
However, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies:
- 1. If we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) on production of an appropriate warrant for such data;
- 2. To protect the rights, property, information or safety of For Fabulous Feet, our patients, or others.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the business in accordance with legal requirements.
Your personal information will be retained for at minimum of 7 years, as is required by medical law in the UK. 7 years after you last appointment your details will be removed from our records. For any person under the age of 18 when treated, records are kept until their 25 birthday. All records will be safely destroyed as per medical regulation.
Where we may store your information
No medical or other person information is kept in digital format. We only keep medical records and personal details in paper format, which is kept in a secure filing system.
We do not keep your personal data in digital format, in a database, on personal computers, laptops, tablets or similar. We do keep names and phone numbers for appointment confirmation only, on a mobile phone which is PIN locked.
The For Fabulous Feet will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to:-
- 1. You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about yourself. This request has a charge of £10 to cover postage etc.
- 2. Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you please contact us via telephone on 07948 964386 or 01603 717057 or by letter at the address listed below.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by informing you verbally at your next appointment.
Enquires and Complaints
is the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do in regard of protecting your personal data, please inform us in writing. For Fabulous Feet will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days.
All information enquires or complaints should be sent in writing to:-
- Linda Moody
- For Fabulous Feet
- 11 Blofield Corner Road
- Blofield Heath
- NR13 4SA
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico) if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information by using their online form which can be found here:- Information Commissioner’s Office (ico).
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will contact you directly.